Saturday, November 28, 2009

Winter is Neither Here nor There...yet

Ahhh I don't know what to do for winter break!

I just found out that I could shave off $200 from my plane ticket price to Vancouver if I chose to fly to Seattle and take the bus up....and now it only seems to cost $350 for a round trip ticket to Van. I've got people pulling me to go back to Van, and god knows I want to so badly...my snowboard is over there after all, and I kinda want to bring it back to campus so I wouldn't have to worry about equipment rentals when I want to go snowboarding here.

I really want to go back to snowboard and hang out with my old friends...but at the same time, money's an issue right now. If I stayed, I could probably save the $350 and spend much less going snowboarding in Wisconsin instead. Plus I could probably get a job on campus during winter like last year and save up. Downside: I get to face a ghost town. For a MONTH. *Flashback to last winter's emptiness and loneliness*.

Decisions, decisions. Ahhhhh! I wish I could just be like one of those preppy American middle class people who don't give shit about money and go on trips to Cancun and Florida for every break. I know I have enough money to go, if I wanted to, and that my parents would give me more if I needed. But I just feel like I need to be thrifty about money, and not be like one of those preppy ppl that I disdained against above. My tuition IS like 40 grand a year...a horrible figure.

I need to figure things out. And fast. Well I suppose it doesn't need to be fast, only if I want to go back to Van.

-FCDH

1 comment:

  1. Don't wish you could be irresponsible, keep in mind that it's those preppy American middle class people that bought a bunch of stuff they couldn't afford and are now defaulting on loans. :P That being said, if you've got the money and it's worth it to go, do it! The trouble is that when you're not making enough money to balance a budget it's hard to know the value of money...

    ReplyDelete