Monday, November 23, 2009

God, Thanks for Screwing with me.

Some of today's highlights are below, in this incoherent blog post.

I bought a 10 lb turkey to cook for Thanksgiving. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it...

Went to the gym (3 mi run + lift), then did exercises (50 pushups + 140 situps). I think I'll start the pushup and situp program in earnest now...it's been a goal and I want it to happen.

Finally wrote the email to Jun, about everything that happened in our relationship. I'm afraid that our friendship may not survive the email, but that's something that I'm willing to sacrifice, for the truth. Others may disagree, but I've made my decision. I pray that I can look back on this message fondly rather than bitterly. Sigh. Why does life have to be so complicated?

Uploaded a bunch of photos onto facebook. Still thinking about Jun. Sigh. I know that life's not fair, but...sigh.

Ok it doesnt seem like THAT many things after all. Hmm. So apparently I will not be able to do laundry until my new debit card comes through, since our laundry room operates on a card system. Which I always found to be easy and convenient, but now is just annoying, since I won't be able to do laundry and will now have to re-wear my dirty clothes for a little while longer. Ugh.

Oh right, I should rant a little about Ubuntu.

Yesterday, I tried to mess with Ubuntu a bit, and hit a wall on the first thing I tried: screen resolution. I don't know if its because im using VirtualBox, but it just wouldnt recognize the 1028x800 resolution, instead maxing out at 800x600. I tried using both xrandr --newmode, --addmode codes to add the 1028x800 resolution in, which worked, but when i tried to set it, it kept giving me this frustrating "CRTC 0 failed" error message.

I'm starting to doubt that the cvt and gtf commands are working correctly. I looked up the VGA line signals for 800x600 for both horizsyn and vertrefresh, and it doesn't seem to match up with either the output of cvt and gtf, used with 800x600. Another day, I'll have to find the regular line signal for a VGA operating at 1280x800 resolution, and manually input it without cvt and gtf.

But my first foray into Ubuntu was exciting! Linux is pretty addicting after all.

I so wish life was different. I'd like to thank God for messing with me, and everyone I care about. The sarcasm is somewhat there...but I suppose, what doesn't kill u makes u stronger, right? Sigh. Do I even believe that BS?

Just remember everything and everyone you love and believe in. It'll keep you sane. Now if I can only take that advice, I would be set. Coldplay, you rule my world.

I'm going to dedicate my next blog entry to Jun's response (if it ever comes), and...my life? I suppose. How pretentious of me to think that it merits an entire post. Ok that's probably enough self-pity for today, even I'm disgusted with myself now.

Till later, my blog.

-FCDH

No comments:

Post a Comment