Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's Turkey Time!!

...in Ankara and Istanbul anyway. Here it's Thanksgiving. =)

I would just like to congratulate myself on successfully baking a 10lb turkey this year, a 50% increase from last year's 5 lb turkey. Seriously, baking a turkey is one of the easiest things one could cook. I'm a horrible cook, and if I could make a turkey without any mishaps 2/2 times, everybody should be able to do it.

It's easy. Here are the steps (I'm writing this so I remember the next time too).
1) Rinse turkey in and out with cold water. Make sure all the necks / gibbets / whatever else they have craftily stuffed inside the turkey is removed...check all the crevices!
2) Put turkey on "shallow turkey pan". Or in this case, on a reused old aluminum cake pan since someone is too cheap to buy an actual pan.
3) Rub: butter, salt, pepper over turkey. Remember not to touch the stick of butter next time or it'll be ruined again.
4) Put turkey in oven. Set to 325F. Every hour, baste the turkey in its own juices. When golden, cover with aluminum foil. 15 minutes before completion, remove aluminum foil to brown turkey.
5) Eat. Try not to stuff self.

My 10 lb turkey this year!!















And voila. Thats it. Hope everyone's having a great Thanksgiving!

-FCDH

2 comments:

  1. This may be won of the best looking turkies I have leid eyes on!!! Your an insperation for me to make a grate Thanskgiving feest this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a 100% increase...

    ReplyDelete