Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

Hi Readers,

Merry Christmas!! This winter, I have been having the best winter break out of all the winter breaks I've spent on campus. Apart from the day when I spent 7+ hours to clean up the apartment, I have been spending every single day with friends. Whether it was dinner parties or ice skating, I've been having so much fun! I did not expect to be so busy this winter, especially since last winter break was sooooooo boring.

Christmas Eve:
Ate an amazing Christmas eve dinner at JS's house. I was on route to try to get some Christmas shopping done (was a fail because I forgot all the stores closed early) when JS was alerted to my presence in CU by my facebook update. Oooo on a tangent - I fixed my broken water heater by myself (that was the facebook update). So proud! Anyways, JS and her dad picked me up, and we went to her house. Had an amazing dinner! Turkey + ham + other goodies. Then JS and I watched "How to Train your Dragon" - twice, with the commentaries turned on the second time. Then we successfully got a BAG OF CRAP from WOOT.COM!! SOOOO excited! I've never seen what was inside these bags, but we'll see. Capped off the night with an amazing load of leftovers. I love JS's family so much!

Christmas Day:
On Christmas day, KK invited me over to her house for gift exchange and dinner (again, since I was here last year too!). In the gift exchange, I gave KK's aunt an organizer, bird-watching binoculars, Taiwanese tea, and a pack of postcards from Tibet. In return, I got a bag of coffee (again!) and 2 mugs (again!). I was pleasantly surprised when I got essentially the same gift, despite choosing a random gift out of a pile. I had fun playing with all the dogs that were in the house. Love dogs! Dinner was amazing, and after dinner we ate some more desserts, before putting in a movie ("I Love You Man") and watching SNL afterward. It was such a great day.

I spent today shopping for gifts for my family. Got my mom a purse, my sister a hat, and my dad a mug that says "I Love You Dad" (or something similar to that). I'll have to find out how to ship it to Taiwan when I can.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to start running again. I've been slipping in my training, and I really really need to start! Marathon's in just 5 months, and I can still only run 8 out of the 26 miles. MUST TRAIN!! I found a running buddy on Craigslist - we'll see how that works out. Maybe a blog post on that later.

Anyways, so excited about the rest of winter break! Have a great break everyone!

-FCDH

No comments:

Post a Comment