Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Life Update

Hi Readers,

Sorry I haven't given a life update in so long. This month has been horrendously busy, so I'm only starting to blog again now.

1. I found out that I lost my 4.0 GPA this semester, thanks to quantum physics. Kinda sucks, especially since I was so close...still no idea how I did so badly on the final. But I guess I'm lucky that it happened in my senior year rather than my freshman year. In a way, it is somewhat liberating to not have to worry about maintaining a 4.0. In another way, I'm extremely disappointed in myself for not living up to the expectations that I set for myself. It's not the end of the world, but it's the failure of one goal. Maybe unrealistic, but a goal nonetheless.

2. my laptop broke today. On the same day as the physics disaster. What a great day, right? I guess Windows 7 just had to make a mandatory update which just had to cripple my registry. Now I'll have to download the ISO and mount it onto an USB drive and see if I can boot up my computer and repair it. Fingers crossed.

3. my grad school apps are done - but there's a nagging unease inside of me that something bad is going to happen. It's the same unease that accompanied me in quantum physics, so I'm so afraid that I won't get into any other grad schools. Time will tell.

4. I feel like a loser for opting to stay in Champaign. It's my last winter, and my desire to do something is overwhelmed with my desire to save money. Is that reasonable of me? Am I being too thrifty?

Somehow, life hasn't gone the way I wanted this semester. I guess when I came out to my parents, I felt like nothing could get in my way any longer. I felt invincible and free. And now the honeymoon's over - all my uncertainties are crashing back around me. Ignorance is bliss...and now that it's gone, I kind of want it back.

FCDH

No comments:

Post a Comment