Monday, June 7, 2010

Le Bibliotheque

Such majestic balls of light
Floating in mid-air
Hanging over a drop
Over a hardened heart
Over a lonely arbiter

A matrix of spikes
Overwhelming the senses
Advancing towards me
Metal bars stand in the way
Sullenly doing their duty

Stare blankly at them I did
Our Lady Peace in my ear I heard
Decades of history around me I saw
Sterility in the air I smelled
Blankness in my heart I felt

Why are we trapped by what we know?
A Priori is imprisoning me
My heart does not settle
My dreams are haunted property
My soul is twisted tightly

I told the bird to take flight
And take flight it did
But its wings grow tired by the day
And mockingbirds stream past
All flying in the other way

As I saw the Lotus settle
Everything returned to normal
Just another hallucination
Of a perfectly lucid mind
Polluted by the fumes of fear

Without a backwards glance
I spread my wings
And take to the air again
Looking for tomorrow's salvation
In the ashes of today

-FCDH
06/07/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment