Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stanford!

Hi Readers,

I got exciting news yesterday! A day after posting that last depressing post about not hearing back from grad schools, I got the good news from Stanford!

I was sitting in my digital signals processing class when I opened my email and saw the innocuous-looking email, titled "Stanford Electrical Engineering - (name)", and immediately though "oh crap, I got rejected from Stanford. No big deal - I wasn't expecting it anyways. My application was kinda crappy. Maybe if...." All these flashed through my mind as I clicked the email open, reading to be disappointed.

At the first word, "Congratulations!", my heart jumped. I was like "omg, I got in!" As I began skimming farther, the next thing that caught my eye was the word "fellowship". My heart jumped again - did I really get a fellowship? The answer - YES!

Apparently I was one of the lucky students to be awarded with the Stanford Graduate Fellowship, which will support my work at Stanford for three years. It's the highest fellowship that they can give out - so I was, and still am, extremely excited about it. Now I know what option I'll probably take if MIT turns out not to accept me!

More to follow! Just wanted a brief update on grad schools. So excited!

-FCDH

No comments:

Post a Comment