Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Reconnection

Hi Readers,

Today was just a typical day. Nothing really special, maybe apart from going to Facebook to eat dinner. I was stuck on a MATLAB problem, and had been stuck on it for an hour or so, when my Facebook decided to ping me with a new message. The message originated from someone I did not immediately recognize. I took a closer look, and realized it was one of my friends from grade 9 (would equate to freshman year in high school).

It is incredible how much catching up you can do with a person you had completely forgotten about just an hour ago. It feels so weird! She is still so bubbly and enthusiastic like before. It's almost as if time had frozen in place and now we are back in the same time and place. Place being in computer drafting class, where we'd waste a bunch of time during class playing stupid little online flash games during class.

She apparently has 2 kids now and has a degree in nursing. Didn't know that she had spent the bulk of her life in San Francisco either - quite an interesting life. It's amazing what Facebook can do to rekindle old friendships. How miraculous technology is!

Cheers,
FCDH

1 comment: