Wednesday, November 23, 2011

An Autumn Blossom

Hi Readers,

Here's a short poem to reflect on my recent relationship. It's only been a month but I find myself falling for him - hard. This feeling is something I can't control. I've never felt it before. I won't lie - but I'm scared shitless. And excited. Exalted. And a billion other things at the same time. Let this poem represent it.

---
An Autumn Blossom

Has it only been three months
Since I felt as Lewis and Clark must have
As I began conquering the West
Absorbing new sensations
Building them into my soul

How could I have seen
Your warm embrace
Those piercing eyes 
From which I cannot escape
Infected by that smile

Now that I have been drawn
Inextricably as if by the Siren's call
Neither work or anything else
Feel complete without you
The cure for my daydreams

I don't know what to do
My walls have come down
Am I just naive to believe
That you may be the one?
Is this the path everyone must walk?

Even if it is a fleeting blossom
May this snapshot preserve its state
So when I look at it in the depths of winter
I will remember treasured times
When I felt truly complete.

-FCDH
11/23/2011

No comments:

Post a Comment